Sunday, November 20

I am a butterfly

I formed wings today. Struggling to come out of my cocoon.
I am scared to go out. But I cant stay here.
Voila! I've made a hole. Such a tiny one.Nudge.
I can see something bright. Its becoming brighter.
Here I come. Is that a bright flower on the sky?
So beautiful, full of light.
I want to reach it. I will fly towards it.

The air is so fresh outside.
Reaching towards the sun. Nearing it.
A tingling burning sensation.
Why is it getting hotter?
Am I almost there. I am burning.
I cant breathe. My wings are in flames.
I am falling. Down. I am going to die.
I closed my eyes.

(Smile) Well, I tried.


3 Comments:

Blogger Camphor said...

Have you read "The Creatures of Man"?

It is beautiful. I guess reaching is less important than trying... and trying IS all that matters...

5:13 PM  
Blogger Incognito said...

Camphor : No, I'venotreadit.I will try reading. If you have the link, do let me know.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Camphor said...

Err. It's a short story. I read it out of a book, it's about four chapters or so. Not excellent, but good. I think you can find it here.

It's by Howard L. Myers.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home