Monday, October 24

100% Natural

"I would like a natural setting", how does it sound to you.Is it an oxymoron? Years before, when I was more younger and when my thoughts, more simpler, when I used to spend a lot of time chasing the crows and the butterflies and sparrows in my grandparent's place, and finally out of breath and lying on bare earth, little did I know that I would be actually missing out on such things. Nature seems to be losing on its charm day by day, because of just one reason- Us. How much we have exploited it. Those things that I mentioned before are seemingly growing insinct. I dont even think we would be able to give atleast half as clean world to our children, as we were given by our ancestors. I just imagined what it would be like, if ever I have a grandchild(GC)[who would be bereft of the knowledge that such things existed] and how my conversation around nature would be.

GC : Grandma, what is nature?
Me : Dear, A long long time ago, we had something green and growing called the 'Plant'. Several had beautiful stuffs growing on them called 'Flowers'. Now when these were growing in large numbers they were called 'Forests'. Several livingthings flew around them called 'Birds'. And several more lived on land called 'Animals'. We had a blue dome over us called 'Sky'. At night, we could see the 'Stars', that would be some thing that twinkled. Then there was the 'Sun' and the 'Moon'. These constituted nature.
GC : I know about all those, my teacher taught us in History.
Me : Yes, all that is history.
And then maybe I tell her about my stories of the past. Those would be fairytales. Maybe that her grandfather used to get those stuffs called flowers(!) to woo me!
GC (after listening) : Oh, look Grandma that is the butterfly you told me about. It is not extinct!
Me : No dear, that is the Ultra Sonic security bug looking out for Transcontinental Virus attacks.
GC : What about that thing Mom kept in her kitchen, that surely matches your description of flowers?
Me : No dear, those were Vaccumed Perforators with room freshner to drive out fowl smells.
GC : Oh Grandma, But I definitely think that the sky is what i am seeing, with the stars. Look up!
Me : No dear, You are looking at the Artificial Ozone Layer, painted blue constructed by human to keep out the UV Rays from the Sun, which is why we see blue colour Sun rays, during day time.
GC : And the twinkling?
Me : Those are Space Transporters with lighted antennas for Communicating with the extra territorials and to transport a gas called 'Oxygen' for us to breathe.
GC : Grandma, will I ever see the sky?

3 Comments:

Blogger Suderman said...

the spambots are at work, paati! delete them or switch on word verification!
and wat happened to zebra's costumes?

12:07 AM  
Blogger Adiya said...

nice fictional story in a tale way or patti-paythi kathaikkal.
romba nalla iruku.

just hopped in while searching some thing else.

3:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adiya - Thanks :)

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home