Thursday, November 3

Is my Honda Activa, actually a reincarnation of my Scooty?

It stopped. In between mainroads, just when I was about to go for an urgent work, just when I had filled petrol,just after the signal turned green, just when there was no place to park, just in the middle of the road, just like my scooty. The signs were inevitable to miss. More like a deja'vu. And more indications when it did not start after several times of kicking. Another famous characteristic of my scooty(which incidentally helped me develop my calf muscles).

For those of you, who did not know my Scooty, it deserves more respect. The scooty was bought in 1997. My sister was one of the lucky few to have got it then, that too immediately after its launch. It served her -a 12th, three years of her college and three more years in bangalore. Then it came to me. Now, I think my scooty was more attached to me than my sister, cos it chose to be my well-wisher in making me think twice about dieting, exercises that I was not into. It helped me keep me trim and healthy. Unlike titoo, it used to make me, take it for long walks, do calf-muscle aerobics and even took share in my pocket money for having drinks for every 13 kms. It did not have head lights or breaks . Its indicators were loud and one could , if you were one of the lucky chosen-ones - like enlightened ones or something, could see a tiny speck of light. And horns, what do I say about them. Though it had invisible red ones, the sound that came out of this horn was barely audible even to me, spare the other drivers on the road. It had a blue body and a black front. Such was its beauty. It contributed generously to air pollution. And had the capability of riding without a single squeak coming out of it - For one, it never worked, so parked itself in a corner silently. For another - when it worked, you could hear a pin-drop, if it is a 50 kg iron pin, that is.

It commanded respect from those who sat on it and those who questioned its performance, well, it stopped. Mind you, it had served for 8 solid years now, hence it was quite proud of itself. But one day when a black shiny Honda Activa was placed next to it, it felt deprived quite of its attention. "How can they place flowers and offer bright yellow elumichum pazhum(lemon)for not even performing one day, when I, TVS Scooty have faithfully, taken her for a ride(pun intended) all these years?" . Needless to say, it made quite a fuss to be taken back to the workshop to get chopped. During its last days, it did show some affiliations towards Activa, but I dont think our Activa responded.

Now, back to square one, everything else is working fine, but when my Activa gave me a jolt, it brought back fond memories of my Scooty. Is it that faithful to come back to haunt me? Or is it turning from 'My First love' to 'An Obsessive lover' ?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey good 1:)...cheers 2 u for postin sch gr8 blogs:)

11:21 AM  
Blogger Incognito said...

thankyou for looking in anonymous :)

6:15 PM  
Blogger Sigamani said...

A good one..I would like to know your experience with activa, as i am planning to purchase one shortly :)

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home