Sunday, October 1

Random Ramblings

Today is one of those rare days, I finished work and came home early to find everything is in order and I find I have time to call my friends, pamper my dog, spend time with mom, relish dinner and finally find a book, read it till I wait for sleep to come over. One of those days, when I mentally tick off all those stuffs that I had planned to do, pending for a long time. One of those days, I sleep early, cozy and satisfied.

I read 'A Tiger for Malgudi' two days back. What a refreshing novel. Its sometimes a pity that R.K. Narayan is not as recognised as some of the so-called-profound-writers. The style, the narration, only one word could sum all that up. Brilliant. Waiting to get a fresh copy to add to my collection. I would love to do a solo post on RKN. But still have a few more precious novels to go before I do that.

Sometimes, when I see the sunrays filtering through my windows, fall on my crumpled bed, I see those dust speckles dance.. I wonder. After all, we are also teeny specks from space. And how we complicate our own life. I remember this lyric that went, 'The power of extreme leads to the tower of wisdom'. How difficult it is. To let go of yourself. To be extreme.

I have always laid down rules and regulations around me. And somehow suffocated in them. But for the past few months, I see myself changing. Somehow, now everything feels light. As if Atlas took back his burden with him left me free for the wake. Wake. Funeral of the past, maybe.

Now, I shatter the glass, for a rebirth
Cos, it was just a figment of my own cursed mind
Looking around, I was alone, not lonely.

Maybe I have not reached infinity. But definitely on the way. Love has always been a clutch. Now it feels like freedom, flowing and more than everything, complete.

"Tell me did the wind sweep you off your feet
Did you finally get the chance
to dance along the light of day

And head back to the Milky Way
And tell me, did Venus blow your mind
Was it everything you wanted to find
And did you miss me while
you were looking for yourself out there


Can you imagine no love, pride, deep-fried chicken

Your best friend always sticking up for you
even when I know you're wrong
Can you imagine no first dance,
freeze dried romance five-hour phone conversation
The best soy latte that you ever had . . . and me"

(From Train - Drops of Jupiter)

Perfect.

2 Comments:

Blogger M said...

its jst too beautiful ... and ya you are right .. RKN though is renowned was not given what he really deserved ..

12:19 PM  
Blogger Incognito said...

Meenu : Tankoo.
U a RKN fan too! I love 'Guide' written by him. He has got that rare familiar writing that immediately eases you to the Malgudi and its people. Makes you feel you've known them all your life.

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home