Monday, December 24

Breathe Easy

It does seem a long while ago
though it was just a year back
Was I ever that pristine?
With unconfined freedom and spotless dreams?
It does seem overrated now.
For I plunged again to work
and left my witherings for everyone else.
When I promised I'll not have my wings cut,
I offered the axe.
Then came the numbness
that made everyday unnaturally placid.

I thank my stars yet, for being a true gemini, really.
For the spell broke yesterday
Friends family forgiveness due.
For the past new years I worked,
this one begs to differ.
Work moved from worship, to just well, work.
My past glorified and future in sorts.
Still, its just a phase
There never was a start, hence no end.

P.S. Have you ever done the dead man's float?
With the water below and the sky above
That was how I always felt with you,
I breathe easy. Sometimes choked too.
But hey, I am not judging.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

its truly blah....
orru "dashum" puriyalai...(in your own words)...anyways i think i understood your french blog better with some pulling template...

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always wind up going back to being a slave after every dash of freedom. Sometimes it is like being a dog on a leash - and occasionally the leash is long enough that you _think_ you may have escaped...

1:06 PM  
Blogger Incognito said...

Dollar - U need lotsa literati practise. lol. Eez ok. Ignorance is very bliss.

And that isnt french blog.

Camphor - True, Freedom seemed have limits, with thick lines drawn all around, binding you to regular habits. Its just dangerous when you get used to it.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home