Tuesday, May 8

Pukarta chala hoon mein,



Past weeks, well, have been a beautiful journey, the kind, when you press your cheeks to the cold train window grills and look at the passing scenery shifting from suflower fields to ancient red brick dams with moss green popping up unaware, the kind, when you try hard to steal a glimpse when the train bends around the corner, the kind, when you catch yourself smiling for no reason in particular..

How do I put it in words.. I just dont have anything to complain about. What if my only worry was, will my favourite character be killed in the next episode in 'LOST'..? And it seems to me that this is the phase that was missing all my life, the satisfaction of living itself. Its lovely to feel alive!
I left for Pondichery one saturday morning last month. Just to journey. Alone. (Though appa was quite apprehensive about it!) I just wanted to know me all over again. Sounds wierd?
I took a three hour bus ride, landed there without any plan where to lodge, found a guest house booked myself there (which by the way had TV plus three cockroaches running all over). Then rented a bicylce, had my lunch, and cycled all round the city. Pondichery is a quaint town blending refreshing french rues and messy indian markets. C'est naturale, I fell in love with it. The two days I spent there was a miniscule vacation for me and myself only! Quite pampering you know. I had all the cheese in the world, Vodka was cheap and more than all of this, met a charming french gentleman! The second day, I moved out of that guest house, leaving a sad old propreitor and two and a half dead cockroaches and got myself into international guest house. I had taken my Canon EOS 66 and two rolls of Black and White, so spent hoards of time framing my photographs, admiring architecture and finally took my sketch book, sat on the pavement drawing few favourite shots. The first time that I just did not care that my drawing was not to scale!
I felt wierd. Because I was doing what I wanted, when I wanted and how I wanted. I felt free. No internet (though I had to switch on my phone for dad). Somehow a strong sense of gut feeling had strengthened deep inside from then on. Was it because I just finished erecting a set by myself, or a few strong decisions that came about after that, influenced, I have no clue. Present what mattered then. And matters still. I aint gonna leave no stone unturned now and regret later.
Clarity like never before.
And when I feel this way, life defines itself to simplistic terms. The need for complications, analysis, brooding, is all bowled over by clean crystal clear glass of contentment. Transparency.

Just when you think, you have experienced and done it all, life surprises you.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sushma said...

Was it really a lone trip? I always want to get out all alone, but a hidden fear(shame on me! but I admit I have) stops me. You inspired me gal!!

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes it was. It was kind of revolutionary you know. I love to travel, but always hesitated. But somehow, pondy was closer and familiar, so made the trip. And I'm here, right now, very much safe and sound :). Thanks.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Preethi Rao said...

machan..your trip to Pondi is an eye-openener to many scaredy-cats :)...seri when are u taking me for that drink?? ;)

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good to see(rather read) another one who agrees about the effect that Pondicherry can have...btw do they still sell soondal/sundal..(I am really not sure how is it spelled or even what it is exactly called but to a northner like me thatz how it sounded ..something made with bolied black grams I think) on the sea shore there?

3:35 PM  
Blogger Incognito said...

Pristy dahling! Anytimes..
Something tells me we have enough n more reasons to get drunk this weekend :D!

Gumnaam - Yes, back with a bang! :)
You've been to Pondy! I swear its one of the best weekend get-aways. Planning more such!
Yes, those are 'Sundal'! We get all of that in good'ol madras at marin/besantnagar beach.. Though they are not one of my fav.

7:34 PM  
Blogger -Poison- said...

super! 8->
keep roving!

9:59 PM  
Blogger Incognito said...

Poison - :) Tankoos

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home