Friday, March 31

,

After a long time, I sat on a swing and was swinging away to glory for about half an hour, in a park in Kottur Gardens. I had lived there when I was in my 5th standard. I threw away my slippers and felt my feet sink into the sand as I sat down. When I clutched the chain, it was only automatic to let go of thoughts. Actually felt as if the world was swinging for me. I closed my eyes to get ready to fly. A distant tape-recorder was playing some random english numbers. Matched together with light gentle waft of breeze, swinging the braches of nearby tree in a rhythm corresponding to mine. It was my orchestra. Felt free. Childish. And more than anything, alive :)

I am listening to "We can be heroes, just for one day" by Wallflowers.

Perfect.

4 Comments:

Blogger Quirkilicious said...

mmmm...some of the best moments in life are always understated :)
Oh - and just realized - I've been to Kottur Gardens..My periamma lives there :)

Starting work on May 1, so am in Malaysia for a bit more- till about 25th ish. Leaving via Madras, so hopefully will catch up. What are your plans? Have you decided?

10:31 PM  
Blogger Incognito said...

My plans are right now an elongated full-stop. But I'll be here when you come. So lets try and meet up. :)

11:35 AM  
Blogger -Poison- said...

keep soaring,
and soar high...

2:35 PM  
Blogger Incognito said...

Poison : I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch the sky.. :)

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home